Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Car is Gone....


So, my parents came and picked up my car this morning, which now becomes their car. Mark and I bought this car from my Grandpa a little over two years ago when he (Mark) switched companies and didn't have a company car anymore. It is a 1997 Buick Park Avenue, and is the most comfortable car to drive. Long and big, it was sometimes a challenge for me to park (I do have parking issues), but it was sooo comfortable. I did like that car.

But practicality came to the forefront. With Mark gone, I do not need two cars. Parking both cars in the garage was a challenge for me. (Remember, I do have parking issues.) My insurance would go down without two cars. And because the Highlander is newer, I decided that I would need to sell the Buick. Thankfully, it is staying in the family, going to my parents.

With all of the paperwork, etc., I've had to handle since Mark passed, I thought this would be one of the easiest to deal with, since it is just a car. But it wasn't simple. It was hard. Having two cars, it was easier to pretend Mark was just on a business trip. See? His car is in the driveway, he isn't really gone. But when my parents drove away this morning, my pretense went with them.

I am now a one-car family. On my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment