Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Yarn Along


This will be my first Yarn Along with Ginny of the blog, Small Things. I've often thought about participating, but have not blogged enough in the past to do so. The Princess thinks this would be a good idea, however, so here we go!


Currently, I'm reading the book "Threadbare" by Monica Ferris. It is a cozy mystery, which are my favorite type of fiction. Especially if they involve knitting or needlework of any type, and are a series. "Threadbare" is book 15, in a (so far) 16 book series. Since my days are busy and stressful many times, what little down time I have, I like to read and knit, and this book involves two of my favorite activities! 

My daughter loves scarves, and so I am making her a new infinity scarf. It is a simple pattern - K1, *P1, K1 each row for 24 stitches across. While I didn't remember to look at the yarn, I know that it is from Hobby Lobby, and I'm using US size 11 needles. Since she loved the first one I made her earlier this winter, and wears it all the time, she wanted another choice to wear. Maybe I'll finish it by next winter! (The first one I made was with Spud & ChloĆ« outer yarn in Rhino.) This is what the first scarf looked like:



Hopefully, by next week I'll be on a new book. I know I'll still be knitting the same scarf!

2 comments:

  1. great scarf! I think perhaps I should try an infinity! I gave up on adult mystery reading after reading some horror that scared me tooooo much! Perhaps this would be a good place to start back up.

    ReplyDelete