Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Didn't Really Want An Answer!

I've been thinking quite a bit recently about how God answers our prayers. How many times have I prayed that I would be a better mother to my children? More times than could be counted on the fingers and toes in our household (to include the pets as well!). However, when a situation doesn't seem to improve, or the children still are sassing (surely they don't take after me when I was a child), it seems that God has not answered those prayers, as my parenting didn't seem to eliminate those problems.

But it finally occurred to me that God had answered those prayers. He is giving me more situations to practice my patience, my understanding, my calmness (which, if I were to be honest, doesn't really exist). Those situations where I just want to run away from home are designed for me to improve my parenting. How can a mother improve how she interacts with her children if the children are perfect angels, no sassing?

So I am trying to remember that God has listened to my prayers about being a better mother. When there are parents who are fighting to keep their child with them from sickness (MyCharmingKids.net), I have two children that are healthy enough to sass. Those two are my everyday blessings.




Just remind me I feel this way about them the next time I am labelled the worst mother on earth!

1 comment:

  1. I agree Jennifer, this has given me food for thought as well!

    ReplyDelete