Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Searching for Blessings

Lately I've realized that I spend too much time being complacent. I either am complaining about being tired, my children talking back, my husband not being home enough, or some other event/person that is irritating me. How much negativity can one person expend?! In my case, too much. Hopefully, with this blog I will be able to find my everyday blessings, no matter how small.

This happened yesterday, but I think it can count for today: my son decided he was feeling out of sorts at school, so he decided to go to the library and read the Bible online at lunchtime. Not only that, he downloaded the Ten Commandments to read at home later! (My son is blind, and uses a computer program to read documents online.) So many times lately we have argued over the appropriateness of music, shows, etc. - to have him read the Bible on his own is today's blessing!

1 comment:

  1. That is great Jennifer! I am so glad that you decided to begin writing!

    ReplyDelete