Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yes, It's About the Children, Again

In the short time I've been blogging, most of these posts have been about my children. Well, you lucky two readers, so is this one! It is just that being a mom is the best job EVER, and even though they do try my patience, my children just fill my heart.

Last night, the princess asked me, "Mom, remember you told me to tell you when someone tells me something and says don't tell anybody?" (We've always told the children this to protect them, that if someone should tell them something and say don't tell your parents, many times they DO need to tell their parents.) Well, it turns out a friend of hers now has a boyfriend, and her parents don't know. But it just warmed my heart that my daughter trusted me enough to tell me, that I haven't totally messed up as a mom. I just pray that she always feels that way, although I am prepared for the worst!

To top it off, my big guy came home after orientation/mobility, and his vision teacher told me that he had invited her to dinner. Now this may not seem like a big deal, but he has fought his teacher tooth and nail this year, as he does not want to be blind, doesn't want to use the tools designed for the blind, and thinks she is unfair when she insists that he use those tools. But he has matured enough to get past that, and is realizing that his teacher only wants the best for him. This is a big deal for him, and I am so proud. And his teacher was touched beyond belief that he made that step.

A picture to make you smile - can you guess how many grapes are inside her mouth?!



I may survive motherhood yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment